Saturday, February 13, 2010

Monetizing as an Amazon Affiliate

Becoming an Amazon Affiliate is incredibly easy, even for non-technical people. Actually I just signed up for an account on this blog. Now that I have officially joined the Amazon group, it means that anything you want to search and buy through Amazon can be done from my site and I will get a teeny, weeny commission. Or at least, that is the rumor.

Blogging is a really entertaining pastime - who doesn't love the sound of their own voice - but why not monetize it? Realizing that retirement is a luxury mostly available to the upper classes, government employees and union members, I need to create some income. Of course, this blog really is an outlet and I make no attempts to promote it, so joining Amazon's Associates program is probably more like buying a lottery ticket. I could win, right?

Well, I was curious how this would play out and what their widget looks like, so I'll publish this and sign off. Before I do, though, I would encourage all of you to check out things like Google AdSense and Amazon Affiliates. What have you got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment